16mar1:00 pm2:00 pmWEBINAR: Seizing the Economic Development Opportunity for Energy Storage in New York State
The New Energy New York initiative, led by Binghamton University, is seizing on a unique and timely opportunity for New York State to establish itself as leader in domestic battery and energy
The New Energy New York initiative, led by Binghamton University, is seizing on a unique and timely opportunity for New York State to establish itself as leader in domestic battery and energy storage manufacturing.
New Energy New York was selected for funding under the Build Back Better Regional Challenge. The goal of the program, which is supported with $113 million in federal, state and partner funding, is to develop new facilities and resources in New York State to help the U.S. meet the demand for domestic battery products and create an important competitive edge for U.S. companies in battery development and manufacturing.
The growth rate of the energy storage industry is unprecedented, projected to create hundreds-of-thousands of jobs by 2030. NY-BEST and the New Energy New York partners are working to position New York to capitalize on this growth.
Join NY-BEST for this FREE one-hour webinar to learn more about this exciting program and the economic development opportunities it will create for New York State. The speakers will provide an overview of the opportunities for unprecedented economic growth around companies engaged in battery and energy storage system manufacturing and supply chain.
Topics will include:
- What is the scale of the opportunity for battery and energy storage manufacturing in the state?
- What types of companies will the NENY Supply Chain program attract and what are their needs?
- What makes an ideal site for a manufacturer in this sector?
- How can companies and organizations engage with the NENY team and capitalize on the opportunities?
- What resources are available to support companies and organizations around this opportunity?
Speakers to include:
- John Cerveny, Sr. Director and Program Manager NENY Supply Chain, NY-BEST
- Steven Eckler, Director, Ramboll
- James Kostenblatt, Sr. Director, Industry Development, Empire State Development
Who should attend:
- Government agencies
- Economic development agencies and councils
- Industrial development agencies
- Companies and organizations interested in learning more