24jun5:30 pm6:30 pmWebinar: Clean Home Climate Solutions with HeatSmart
We need to act now to meet New York State’s ambitious energy mandate of decreasing carbon emissions by 40% by 2030, and 85% by
We need to act now to meet New York State’s ambitious energy mandate of decreasing carbon emissions by 40% by 2030, and 85% by 2050. To help achieve this goal, the state has funded non-profits, like Catskill Mountainkeeper, to run “HeatSmart” campaigns to educate the public and promote new clean heating and cooling technologies. These highly efficient and fossil fuel-free heating/cooling systems are called heat pumps.
On Wednesday, June 24th at 5:30pm, our HeatSmart experts will be hosting a webinar on Zoom to get you the info you need about heating and cooling your home or building with heat pumps. Registration is free, but you must sign up to join.
Heat pumps (air-source heat pumps and geothermal systems) offer home and business owners an exciting opportunity to increase year-round comfort; transition from fossil fuels like propane, oil, and gas; and save on their energy bills.
Join us at 5:30pm on Wednesday, June 24th for an interactive online discussion and live Q&A. This webinar will cover important information, including:
- The costs and benefits of heat pumps
- How to select and work with an installer to get heat pumps for your home or building
- Available incentives from New York State and local contractors
- Installation and home visit Covid-19 precautions and procedures
- How to connect with contractors and HeatSmart campaigns wherever you live in New York State
- Anything you want! Just ask during the live Q&A
- Sam Wright–HeatSmart Coordinator at Catskill Mountainkeeper. He can connect you with local contractors, resources, and technical experts to provide independent third-party and help you answer questions and make informed decisions every step of the way.
- Stephen Stuart–a clean home comfort expert from the Sullivan County Office of Sustainable Energy. Stephen’s broad professional experience includes sustainable buildings, renewable energy technologies, Net Zero Energy, Passive House design, and building envelope improvement. Stephen has served on the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association’s planning committee for the Building Energy Conference since 2012.
(Wednesday) 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Your computer or phone