"Renewable Natural Gas" proposals sprung up in numerous state legislatures, and were pitched as being part of a solution to the climate crisis. Join our panel as they discuss some
“Renewable Natural Gas” proposals sprung up in numerous state legislatures, and were pitched as being part of a solution to the climate crisis. Join our panel as they discuss some of these proposals, better alternatives, and why gas is not part our clean energy future.
We are seeing a surge in legislation and regulatory proceedings across the country to promote “renewable natural gas” (aka biogas and synthetic gas), creating many new questions and resource needs from lobbyists, attorneys, and climate campaigners alike. And, we expect that the gas industry will push for biogas and synthetic gas to get included in forthcoming economic stimulus and recovery packages.
Please join Earthjustice, NRDC, and the Sierra Club on Thursday 4/30 at 12:30 – 2pm PST for the first of an online training series on biogas and synthetic gas and why it is a threat to our clean energy and climate campaigns.
The first virtual training will include:
- A technical briefing on biogas and synthetic gas– the fuel sources, costs, environmental impacts, and supply constraints
- Environmental justice concerns
- How “renewable” gas is showing up in legislation and PUC regulatory proceedings, plus tips for defeating these initiatives
- Available and forthcoming reports and resources
- Time for Q&A and discussion
Register in advance:
(Thursday) 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Your computer or phone