28may2:00 pm3:00 pmPeople's Hearing: Say NO to "Williams Pipeline Plan B."
There are two major gas expansions slated through New York with a common destination: North Brooklyn. Since the Williams Pipeline defeat on
There are two major gas expansions slated through New York with a common destination: North Brooklyn. Since the Williams Pipeline defeat on May 15, National Grid is going to push hard for Plan B.
1. An expansion, called the ExC Project, on the “Iroquois” Pipeline that runs from Canada and cuts south across NY and CT and back to NY under the Long Island Sound and into the National Grid Network leading to a liquefied national gas (LNG) depot in North Brooklyn to expand fracked gas vaporizers adjacent to a residential community.
2. A new transmission line under Brooklyn called the Metropolitan Reliability Infrastructure dubbed by locals at North Brooklyn Pipeline also leading to a liquefied national gas (LNG) depot in North Brooklyn to expand fracked gas vaporizers adjacent to a residential community.
But there is ALSO a “No Infrastructure Alternative” on the table that the fossil fuel industry wants us to miss.
This includes energy efficiency (like funding home and building weatherization) and renewable heating alternatives, like heat pumps. Did they somehow think we wouldn’t notice?
We are hosting a People’s Public Hearing to drum up major pressure before the June 11 meeting where the state agency (PSC) will decide. This is our chance!
Join Zoom Public Hearing to be HEARD and record your message to decision-makers:
• Where? Online! bit.ly/zoomhearing
Meeting ID: 848 3543 9983 Password: 977489
You can also call in: one-tap mobile +19294362866,,84835439983#,,1#,977489#
Or by telephone: +1 929 436 2866 Meeting ID: 848 3543 9983 Password: 977489
• When? Thursday, May 28 @ 2pm
• What? A Public Hearing to show that we want our money to fund renewables NOW!
• Why? Because more fossil fuels will kill our water, air, futures, climate and democracy.
Bring A Sign or your VOICE about why we should put all of our effort toward the NO INFRASTRUCTURE ALTERNATIVE
(Thursday) 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Your computer or phone
Renewable Heat Nowhttps://renewableheatnow.org/contact/