Glad Tidings: How a California Congregation Is Pioneering a New Model by Building a Clean Energy Hub with Solar and EVs
Clean Energy Group’s Resilient Power Project is hosting a webianr on Wednesday, August 31 at 2 pm to share a a clean energy project of Glad Tidings International church, a critical facility for the community of South Hayward in the Bay Area of California. To make sure they can support their congregation and community during a power outage, as well as to accelerate South Hayward’s transition to clean energy, Glad Tidings applied to Clean Energy Group’s Technical Assistance Fund to assess the feasibility of creating a clean energy hub.
This Clean Energy Group webinar will provide an overview of how the congregation decided to pursue this innovative project, and we will get an overview of the resulting project from Gemini Energy Solutions. Gemini will also discuss their effort to bring Black-owned businesses into the scope of the project.
Speakers from OpConnect will discuss how they integrated a small fleet of electric vehicles into the solar+storage resilience component of the clean energy hub.
• Wade Harper, CEO, Glad Tidings Community Development
• Anthony Kinslow II, Gemini Energy Solutions
• David Yosuico, Gemini Energy Solutions
• Dexter Turner, CEO, OpConnect
• Dominick Sanchez, Regional Account Executive, OpConnect
• Shelley Robbins, Project Director, Clean Energy Group (moderator)
Register for the remote event here.