04oct(oct 4)10:00 am05(oct 5)5:00 pmCo-op Power's Annual Climate Justice Conference: Energizing A Just Transition
Saturday, October 3 and Sunday October 4, 2020, 10 am to 5 pm, online Keynote Speaker: Denise Fairchild from Emerald Cities We are preparing for an amazing, participatory
Saturday, October 3 and Sunday October 4, 2020, 10 am to 5 pm, online
Keynote Speaker: Denise Fairchild from Emerald Cities
We are preparing for an amazing, participatory summit this year. Here are the Workshop Themes under consideration:
- Resilience = Solar + Storage – A Technology Solution For a Just Transition to a New Energy Economy
- Climate Justice – Ending our Dependence on Fossil Fuels
- Financing Community-Generated, Community-Owned Solar Projects
- How to Own Our Own Utilities
- Energy Democracy on the Rise – Have a voice and an ownership stake in the largest industry in the US
- Intersection of Energy Democracy and Community Development – How Climate Justice Intersects With the Economic Justice Movement.
- The Role of Community Finance in a Just Transition
- Core skills for transformation – how to do work for community transformation in a multi-race, multi-class, multi-generational context
- Learning to use a Racial Justice Lens in all we do
- Mutual Aid – How can we support each other?
- Online Organizing and Participatory Planning in the age of Covid-19
- Bioregional Resilience Through an Energy Lens
- A Just Transition to a New Economy
- Communities Build Cooperatives, Cooperatives Build Skills
- An International Perspective on the Role of Cooperatives in a Just Transition
Let us know if you are interested in offering a workshop related to one of these themes or if you have ideas for what you’d like to see at the Summit this fall! Contact Ruth Lazare (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “SUMMIT” in the subject line.
Be part of the solution. Share strategies for the transformation.
Spend the weekend taking in the good news about the substantive progress toward racial justice, climate justice, and sweeping social change. Join this multi-class, multi-race, intergenerational, inclusive gender, Northeast regional cooperative moving the clock ahead.
Extended plenary sessions with inspiring speakers, lots of interaction and time for real integration of new learning. Dozens of participatory workshops on critically important themes. Opportunities for network building and mutual aid.
The event will take place on Saturday, Oct. 3rd & Sunday, Oct. 4th from 10:30am – 5pm. It will be held virtually, over Zoom. Check back at the end of August for a full conference schedule!
REGISTER HERE: eventbrite.com/climatejusticesummit
Volunteer for the Summit
Propose a Workshop for the Summit
Join Co-op Power if you haven’t already. We owe it all to our Members.
4 (Sunday) 10:00 am - 5 (Monday) 5:00 pm
Your computer or phone