Events by this organizer
The Ashokan Center, Center for Sustainability & Climate Education, Dutchess County BOCES , and the Mid-Hudson Teacher Center [MHTC] are hosting a
The Ashokan Center, Center for Sustainability & Climate Education, Dutchess County BOCES , and the Mid-Hudson Teacher Center [MHTC] are hosting a youth climate leadership intensive from February 12-14, 2023.
Teams of 4 students (grades 7 – 11 in the ‘22 – ‘23 school year) and 1 teacher (teacher, administrator or buildings & grounds staff) are invited to participate in this collaborative, and empowering 3-day leadership intensive. Each team will investigate impactful solutions in three key areas: food, fashion, and energy.
A truly unique opportunity for young leaders to:
- Experience conversations facilitated by youth & adult experts
- Become inspired by climate scientists and innovators
- Practice and build leadership, partnership, and presentation skills
- Learn self-care, resilience, and perseverance techniques
- Work through feelings of hopelessness and disconnection
- Connect and collaborate with like minded peers
Cost is $2,500 per team. We offer partial scholarships and flexible pricing to schools or students who require financial assistance. Please contact us for more information. Public schools are eligible for State Aid through a BOCES COSER. Other sources of funding include: Education or Science Foundations, PTA/PTO, fund raising.
february 12 (Sunday) - 14 (Tuesday)
477 Beaverkill Rd Olivebridge, NY USA