Events by this organizer
24mar9:00 am12:30 pmRoundtable: Affordability, Rate Design, and Electrification
Born out of electric industry restructuring, the Restructuring Roundtable has been meeting four to six times per year since 1995 to discuss
Born out of electric industry restructuring, the Restructuring Roundtable has been meeting four to six times per year since 1995 to discuss current topics related to revolutionary changes in the electric power industry in Massachusetts and throughout New England. Attendance at the Roundtable meetings averages over 200, with attendees representing a broad cross-section of regional stakeholders.
The art of rate design requires attention to behavioral considerations as well as to economics. What will it take for customers to respond to time-varying rates, and how do we design rates that support the electrification of both buildings and vehicles? Presenters will speak to approaches that make rates simpler for customers to understand and provide tools for them to respond. They will also discuss how active demand can address some of the reliability, as well as affordability concerns, especially for customers with high energy burdens.
Rate Design for Electrification and Activating Demand:
- Dr. Sue Tierney, Senior Advisor, Analysis Group
- Travis Kavulla, Vice President for Regulatory Affairs, NRG
- Melissa Whited, Senior Principal , Synapse Energy Economics
- Harvey Michaels, Lecturer, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Ensuring Electricity Affordability (on the way to Decarbonization):
- Marissa Gillett, Chair, Connecticut Public Utilities Reguatory Authority
- Oliver Sellers-Garcia, Green New Deal Director, City of Boston
- Mary Wambui-Ekop, Affordable Housing Asset Manager, Planning Office for Urban Affairs, Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston
- Meg Lusardi, Vice President, Power Options
Hybrid and in-person options are available for this event. Register here.
(Friday) 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Foley Hoag LLP
155 Seaport Blvd 17th Floor Boston, MA 02210